Rose Children’s Theatre is a community-based theatre founded by Celeste Rose in 1978 to help introduce the performing arts to the youth of Lane County.
Each year, when RCT selects scripts to produce on stage, we do it with our mission in mind – to strengthen our community by empowering children and their families through the experience of performing arts and the magic of theatre.
RCT has a talented pool of artistic directors and choreographers with a long history of stage accomplishments personally and as teachers for young actors. Our directors choose entertaining scripts with positive messages for youth and families, enabling children to learn about themselves and their community in a respectful, fun, and collaborative atmosphere.
RCT produces professional quality, family friendly entertainment. Our three to four annual stage productions, produced at The Richard E. Wildish Theatre, 630 Main St. Springfield, OR, are not to be missed, as evidenced by our frequent full houses. Past RCT productions include Disney’s Lion King Jr., Shrek Jr., Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, and Willy Wonka Jr.
Rose Children’s Theatre is excited to be celebrating its 40th year. Be on the lookout for some anniversary celebrations and new programming including:
- Eight amazing summer camps for all ages and abilities
- Our “Be Prepared” series of workshops, including professional headshot sessions
- Four full stage productions, starting with our Fall 2018 productions of Honk Jr. and Disney’s Mary Poppins Jr.
- RCT’s Adventures in Acting program for our youngest actors
- Continuing collaborations with many local performing arts organizations
- & much, much more